- We are building Figure, an application for payments, sales and analyses
- Figure consists of an iOS app a web app and the entire system is cloud-based
You will help our clients to save money and make their business decisions easier with Figure
We see what troubles our clients
Not Enough Time
They have to spend too much time on vital, but tedious tasks that could be easily automated. Thing like sales tracking and reporting, clocking in, cash register, tax obligations and more.
Data Not Available
They do not have the peace of mind that comes from always knowing that the business is on track. They have to resort to making decisions based on your gut feeling, which can cause cascading problems.
Client Relationships Underutilized
Customer relationships are crucial to any business. Keeping track of thousands of clients and customers is difficult without the proper tools.
What challenge do we offer?
- Developing UX and UI design of 3 applications within 1 system
- Piloting the design process from research to design
- Working in a small and transparent team – a designer, a product manager, a project manager, developers and co-founders.
What kind of co-worker are we looking for?
- You are able to observe and listen – you know what our clients find important
- You are honest, open and you play fair – to yourself, to us and to the clients
- You enjoy your work and you learn quickly – we are the same way
- You are meticulous and consistent – spouting ideas is great, especially when we are able to follow them through as well
What skills should you have?
- Experience with design of larger digital projects
- You communicate like a pro – you will talk to our clients in New York
- Experience with UX research – qualitative (interviews) and quantitative (metrics, indicators, surveys)
“Design is a vital element in building our product effectively here at Figure. We design, test, and iterate at a rapid rate. Even after the feature is shipped, we continuously observe to improve. We have unparalleled access to our clients who test and provide us feedback so we can get to the right solution faster.”
— Kelly Yang, Product Manager
Figure truly helps our clients
“Our practice saved over 25 % in transaction fees since switching over to Figure POS from our previous merchant services. The Figure POS team provides exceptional customer service and continues to improve their product, which is already intuitive to use and easily customizable.”
— Dr. Carson K. Wong, the owner of the Sylvan Family Eyecare in New York
This made our day.
How our working together will look like
- You’re looking forward to working full-time
- You’ll practice proper modern design craftsmanship with us
- You’ll discuss problems and challenges to learn from each other and will be encouraged and supported to learn new things
We're a start-up. What does that mean?
- You’ll become part of a small Czech–American team. Each team member is seen and heard. Everyone has a say in what is going to happen, how and why. Each team member argues their points.
- We do one thing and we’re good at it. We have to be. Any imperfections in the app will come back to haunt us.
- You’ll spend your time efficiently – you won’t suffer from unnecessary processes, meetings and hierarchy. We are transparent towards each other.
- Our work shows and we see how each change in the app helps the business of our clients.
What you can expect
- Compensation you’ll be satisfied with
- 5 learning days – workshops, conferences, trying new things
- 2 lecture days – presenting at conferences, leading workshops
- 20 vacation days – we all need our rest sometimes
- Financial participation on relevant conference tickets and coursework
- One week-long off-site collaboration every year (2017 Paris, 2016 New York, 2015 Barcelona)
What your first month will be like
- You’ll be given a warm welcome and meet everyone on the team.
- You’ll be given an assignment you’ll able to crack and will be a bit of a challenge. We’ll provide the support for you to do so; we’ll help you, and in turn, we expect you to pull it off.
- You’ll get to know more about Figure and our customers, you’ll understand what we are striving for here.
- And from the very beginning, we’ll be listening to you.
Do you feel the same way?
How do we fit together?
Small businesses play a vital role in driving innovation and creativity. My motivation for working on Figure is to become a technological bridge for such businesses to further their impact.
I enjoy working on Figure because we are making a project that actually helps people, and we are doing it with a team that I respect and admire.
I work in a small group of people who know what they’re doing. We are building a project with world ambitions from the scratch; I am constantly learning and my work has impact. HUB is a great space full of of great people and I found some good friends in some of them. And I live practically right around the corner!
Small businesses are fundamental pieces in the community. Each one weaves into an organic fabric. In Figure, I have the joy and privilege of touching local livelihoods by listening well, dreaming more, and enabling people.
I appreciate that Figure focuses on “only” one product and on the US market. I have the opportunity to influence the result even as a designer and I’m not bothered by any corporate rules.
I have always wanted to make this world a better place to live in. With amazing ideas and even more wonderful team around Figure, this became reality and I’m happy to be part of it.
In Figure, we try to do things right, searching for new, better approaches, but still having in mind our ultimate goal to provide valuable service for our clients. I like that in Figure every opinion is heard, contributing to better product.
Building the Figure with this team and all these cool people around me brings joy, mutual inspiration, always something new to learn, and overall good feeling that my work can result in positive impact on people’s business and lives (really!).
In Figure I can work with open-minded, proactive and skilled people on a product that helps our customers in their business. We see our contribution to the company’s success, which makes this job meaningful and entertaining.
What I like on Figure is that it’s like a juicy orange. Flexible, full of tasty interesting technological juice. And on top of that it’s in a nice package of Brno Impact HUB.
There are two things that really matter to me at work. People who I work with and impact of what we do. In our small team I appreciate professionalism, cooperation and communication between us. Ideas are welcome, every voice can be heard. And! We help people to make their businesses easier.
I need two things at work, feeling that my work matters and learning new things. Here at Figure I get plenty of both. I’m surrounded by talented people who teach me a lot every day.
Working in Figure is an everyday pleasure for my brain. I always want to have a job which fulfills me and where I can learn and Figure is the one.