- We are building Figure, an application for payments, sales and analyses.
- Figure consists of an iOS app a web app and the entire system is cloud-based.
- Check out our stack to see what we work with!
You will be in charge of the backend Java application
Must have: Real-world experience
- Dependency injection framework (Spring dependency injection, Guice)
- REST principles
Nice to have: One or more advanced-expertise topics
- Advanced cloud architecture (microservices, event sourcing)
- Orchestration and configuration (Docker, Kubernetes, …)
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Heroku or others)
- Security topics
- Maven (or Gradle)
We save small businesses a lot of trouble
And we have them to testify:
“I own and run three dry cleaning and laundry businesses. I struggled and searched for the right point of sale system. I require a POS system that is reliable, robust, and easy to maintain. There are so many options out there but nothing in the market matched my needs. Then I found Figure POS. It’s simple, easy to use, and it has all the features I need. Now I use it to manage all my stores and employees.”
— Sangbum Lee, Natural Garment Care
How our working together will look like
- You’re looking forward to working full-time.
- You’re comfortable addressing work-related matters in English.
- You’ll do proper modern software craftsmanship with us: code review, continuous integration/deployment, unit & end-to-end testing, research in New York in person.
- You’ll discuss problems and challenges to learn from each other and will be encouraged and supported to learn new things.
- Our entire development team is based in the Brno Impact HUB. It’s easy to ask your friends two offices over about anything. Or downstairs at the bar. Or at a HUB BBQ.
We're a start-up. What does that mean?
- You’ll become part of a small Czech–American team. Each team member is seen and heard. Everyone has a say in what is going to happen, how and why. Each team member argues their points.
- You’ll use state-of-the-art technologies, will be able to test them out and play with them. Take a look at our Stack and see for yourself!
- We do one thing and we’re good at it. We have to be. Any imperfections in the app will come back to haunt us.
- You’ll spend your time efficiently – you won’t suffer from unnecessary processes, meetings and hierarchy. We are transparent towards each other.
- Our work shows and we see how each change in the app helps the business of our clients.
What you can expect
- Compensation you’ll be satisfied with
- 5 learning days – workshops, conferences, trying new things
- 2 lecture days – presenting at conferences, leading workshops
- 20 vacation days
- Financial participation on relevant conference tickets
- One week off-site collaboration each year (2017 Paris, 2016 New York, 2015 Barcelona)
What your first month with Figure will be like
- You’ll be given a warm welcome and meet everyone on the team.
- You’ll familiarize yourself with our codebase, infrastructure and tools, you’ll get all set up.
- You’ll be given an assignment you’ll able to crack and will be a bit of a challenge. We’ll provide the support for you to do so; we’ll help you, and in turn, we expect you to pull it off.
- You’ll get to know more about Figure and our customers, you’ll understand what we are striving for here.
- And from the very beginning, we’ll be listening to you.
How do we fit together?
Small businesses play a vital role in driving innovation and creativity. My motivation for working on Figure is to become a technological bridge for such businesses to further their impact.
I enjoy working on Figure because we are making a project that actually helps people, and we are doing it with a team that I respect and admire.
We are doing really cool stuff here.
Small businesses are fundamental pieces in the community. Each one weaves into an organic fabric. In Figure, I have the joy and privilege of touching local livelihoods by listening well, dreaming more, and enabling people.
I appreciate that Figure focuses on “only” one product and on the US market. I have the opportunity to influence the result even as a designer and I’m not bothered by any corporate rules.
I have always wanted to make this world a better place to live in. With amazing ideas and even more wonderful team around Figure, this became reality and I’m happy to be part of it.
In Figure, we try to do things right, searching for new, better approaches, but still having in mind our ultimate goal to provide valuable service for our clients. I like that in Figure every opinion is heard, contributing to better product.
Building the Figure with this team and all these cool people around me brings joy, mutual inspiration, always something new to learn, and overall good feeling that my work can result in positive impact on people’s business and lives (really!).
In Figure I can work with open-minded, proactive and skilled people on a product that helps our customers in their business. We see our contribution to the company’s success, which makes this job meaningful and entertaining.
What I like on Figure is that it’s like a juicy orange. Flexible, full of tasty interesting technological juice. And on top of that it’s in a nice package of Brno Impact HUB.
There are two things that really matter to me at work. People who I work with and impact of what we do. In our small team I appreciate professionalism, cooperation and communication between us. Ideas are welcome, every voice can be heard. And! We help people to make their businesses easier.
I need two things at work, feeling that my work matters and learning new things. Here at Figure I get plenty of both. I’m surrounded by talented people who teach me a lot every day.
Working in Figure is an everyday pleasure for my brain. I always want to have a job which fulfills me and where I can learn and Figure is the one.
The saying goes like this: after working at Figure, Mondays are not to be feared! ^_^
Folk wisdom aside, I really feel lucky to have joined a team (yup, team like in “these guys should give some workshops on this matter”) packed with truly zealous and committed people. Not to mention the daily dose of fresh learning that I get, which can not feel better.
Being a designer in a startup is a huge challenge. It is a long run, long fast-paced ultra marathon in the mountains. Sometimes you don’t know where to go, it’s always up and down. It’s Ultra Marathon of Figure. I love ultra marathons.