- We are building Figure, set of applications for payments, sales and analyses.
- The entire system is cloud-based.
- Check out our stack to see what we work with!
You will be in charge of our web and mobile (iOS and Android) applications
- Frontend enthusiast
- Experience with various frontend environments
- We are mainly building React and React Native apps – people we would like to work with should have deep experience with those frameworks.
Nice to have and welcome
- Experience with CI/CD is welcome
- Experience with other JS UI frameworks (Angular, etc.)
- Experience with native iOS/Android development
- Interest in back-end technologies: Node.js, cloud technologies (AWS, Heroku or others), advanced cloud architecture (microservices, event sourcing), monitoring, security topics, orchestration and configuration
We save small businesses a lot of trouble
And we have them to testify:
“I own and run three dry cleaning and laundry businesses. I struggled and searched for the right point of sale system. I require a POS system that is reliable, robust, and easy to maintain. There are so many options out there but nothing in the market matched my needs. Then I found Figure POS. It’s simple, easy to use, and it has all the features I need. Now I use it to manage all my stores and employees.”
— Sangbum Lee, Natural Garment Care
How our working together will look like
- You’re looking forward to working full-time.
- You’re comfortable addressing work-related matters in English.
- You’ll do proper modern software craftsmanship with us: code review, continuous integration/deployment, unit & end-to-end testing, research in New York in person.
- You’ll discuss problems and challenges to learn from each other and will be encouraged and supported to learn new things.
- Our entire development team is based in the Brno Impact HUB. It’s easy to ask your friends two offices over about anything. Or downstairs at the bar. Or at a HUB BBQ.
We're a start-up. What does that mean?
- You’ll become part of a small Czech–American team. Each team member is seen and heard. Everyone has a say in what is going to happen, how and why. Each team member argues their points.
- You’ll use state-of-the-art technologies, will be able to test them out and play with them. Take a look at our Stack and see for yourself!
- We do one thing and we’re good at it. We have to be. Any imperfections in the app will come back to haunt us.
- You’ll spend your time efficiently – you won’t suffer from unnecessary processes, meetings and hierarchy. We are transparent towards each other.
- Our work shows and we see how each change in the app helps the business of our clients.
What you can expect
- Compensation you’ll be satisfied with
- 5 learning days – workshops, conferences, trying new things
- 2 lecture days – presenting at conferences, leading workshops
- 20 vacation days
- Financial participation on relevant conference tickets
- One week off-site collaboration each year (2017 Paris, 2016 New York, 2015 Barcelona)
What your first month with Figure will be like
- You’ll be given a warm welcome and meet everyone on the team.
- You’ll familiarize yourself with our codebase, infrastructure and tools, you’ll get all set up.
- You’ll be given an assignment you’ll able to crack and will be a bit of a challenge. We’ll provide the support for you to do so; we’ll help you, and in turn, we expect you to pull it off.
- You’ll get to know more about Figure and our customers, you’ll understand what we are striving for here.
- And from the very beginning, we’ll be listening to you.